The need for bra arises as a lady grows from childhood into adolescence to adult. Having the right bra can affect both your appearance and self-estee
The need for bra arises as a lady grows from childhood into adolescence to adult. Having the right bra can affect both your appearance and self-esteem. Shopping for a bra that fits right can be hectic at times. It may take time to find, but remember it is worth it.
The various parts of a bra are;
- The cup: The part where your breasts fit into. It’s usually made of stretchy fabric and can have up to 3 tailored seams.
- The band: The band of your bra is the part that will hold the bra to your body. It should sit rather tight, so it can carry most of the weight of your breasts. It’s made up of the wings and the center gore.
- The wings: These are the portions of the band that extend from the end of the cups to the center of the back.
- The straps: These go over the shoulders and are often adjustable, and sometimes padded.
- The closure: This is usually a hook and eye set at the center back. However, it can also be in front, or absent.
- The center gore: This is the part between the cups in the front. The center gore is the part of the band which sits between the cups. Its height and shape can be an issue. For breasts that sit very closely together, a too high center gore can be annoying and hard to wear; women with protruding sternums can have problems with inward-facing center gores.
Here’s a guide to finding the right bra for you.
1. FIND A PLACE TO SHOP ONLINE
The right spot to shop for things online isn’t less important when it concerns shopping for a bra. Since not all online shops sell all products, you must try finding out which and which does. You can do an online search for lingerie stores to help out. You can also check top online shopping stores like Ladymart.ng, Jumia, and Konga.
2. KNOW YOUR PERFECT BAND SIZE
Knowing your perfect bra size is essential to avoid you shopping for a bra that isn’t your size. Wearing the wrong band size can distract or even ruin a potentially great day. To know your perfect bra size, this is all you need to do;
- Stand straight in front of a mirror and expand your rib cage as if you’re about to blow out candles.
- Measure around your ribs right under your breasts.
- Use the mirror to make sure the tape is exactly parallel to the floor.
- Avoid having the tape too tight.
- Round up to a whole number if the output gotten is a fraction for instance if you get 36 ½ just round it up to 37.
- Band sizes are measured in even numbers, so if your measurement was odd, you may want to try one size up and one size down (if you measure 35 inches, try both the 34 and the 36 size bra), but round up for now.
3. KNOW YOUR BUST SIZE
Not having the knowledge of your bust size when shopping for a bra online will only yield to an unsatisfied output. You can find out what your bust size by wrapping a measuring tape around your back and measure your breasts at their fullest point, which is usually at the nipple.
4. HAVE A PLANNED BUDGET
Getting good bras can be a bit expensive but it’s worth the price, as a good bra is tantamount to your comfort, style and appearance.
5. DECIDE ON WHAT KIND OF BRA YOU WANT
You must know what exactly you want before going online for shopping. Know what color you want to buy, decide if it’s a strapless or one with a strap. Decide what type of bra you want if it’s one for nursing, sport e.t.c this will help guide you so you don’t get confused when you start seeing different options and end up spending lots of time.
6. SHOP FOR BRAS THAT ARE MODIFIABLE
While some bras are modifiable (The straps can be lengthened or shortened), some others aren’t so. It is advisable to shop for bras that are modifiable as it is impossible to try them out.
Always remember that your bra size is prone to change as your body changes for instance your boobs become bigger as you put on weight.
Having at least a few multiple bras is essential. This helps it to even last longer; not all bras are indeed a good fit for all clothes. For instance, a colored bra wouldn’t be a good fit for a white shirt. We recommend you avoid wearing the same bra two days in a row, as perspiration can cause bra elastic to deteriorate.